Client Services Representative / Veterinary Assistant – Certification an asset. Minimum 2 years experience in like industry or veterinary clinic.
Computer knowledge required: word, xcel, Avimark. Excellent communication and customer service skills required.
NOTE: Due to COVID-19 we are working under closed door policy.
Masks must be worn at all times. Screening of applicants will be by telephone. Interviews with suitable candidates may be by teamsviewer. Successful applicant must be COVID cleared.
- Booking appointments ; assessing urgency of appointment
- Advising clients of estimated costs for various procedures/regular annual vaccines
- Food orders and diet refill requests
- Confirm/remind appointments for surgeries/drop-offs 1 day in advance. Go over hospitalization process
- Courtesy client reminders/follow-ups per vet requests
- System Check-in – Document brief reason for visit
- Professional, friendly welcome to clients and pets – first impression counts!
- Greet, weigh in and check in patient – advise Vet/tech appointment is here
- Invoice, take payment, use of debit/credit machine
- Go over any discharge instructions on invoice/prescription directions
- Set up new client files/ provide information for pet insurance
- Schedule recheck appointments as necessary per Vet plans
- Opening/closing of clinic. Disarming/arming alarm system
- Opening computers and processing end of day sales.
- Unpacking of food and supply orders confirming received what billed for
- Cleaning front office, reception area due to possible pet accidents, urine/feces, COVID restrictions and requirements
- Sweeping, mopping floors if required throughout the day
- Occasionally assist with patient restraint for: exams, blood collection, vaccines, and nail clips
- Cleaning of cages, exam rooms (after each pet throughout the day)
- Laundry, dishes
- Lifting/carrying heavy pets or food, to and from the car or within the clinic
- General outside maintenance: sweep, shovel if required
- Other duties as required by Management / Vets